Virtual Happy Hour | Spooky Halloween Recipe
As we all spend more and more time indoors, having talented friends who can share recipes has become a very welcoming gesture. A VIP friend of North Sols and amazing mixologist was recently put to the task of creating a recipe for a virtual happy hour, and she did not disappoint. As a matter of fact, you can say she hit the target right on the bulls"eye"... See what we did there :)
Negroni with a Twist (Bloodshot Lychee Eyeballs)
- Drink Ingredients -
(Favorite brands for this are listed, but use your preference)
- Gin, Hendrick's
- Sweet Vermouth, Antica Formula
- 1 Orange (for fresh squeezed orange addition, rind can be used as classic garnish)
- Drink Directions - (serves 1)
- Fill a mixing glass or shaker with ice and add the following
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Juice of an Orange (optional)
- Stir well, or shake, and strain into a small ice-filled rocks glass.
- Add Lychee Eyeballs to garnish for a halloween themed cocktail (see below) or garnish with a thin slice of orange floating on the top.
Bloodshot Lychee Eyeball Garnish Ingredients (optional)
- Can of lychees
- Red Food Coloring
- Tray or container lined with wax or parchment paper (Choose one that will fit in freezer if you are making a whole batch and want to keep for a later date)
- Gloves recommended
Garnish Directions (You can make a large batch to use up your can of lychees and freeze)
- (Prep) Strain lychee can and lay them to dry on a paper towel briefly.
- (Prep) Prepare a few drops of red food coloring to the side.
- (Prep if making a batch) Prepare a tray or tupperware container that will fit in the freezer. Line with a nonstick paper.
- Insert 1-2 blueberries into the opening of each lychee and set aside. (Use larger blueberries at the opening so they stay inside. Discard any broken, torn lychees.)
- Hold an assembled blueberry filled lychee. Use a toothpick (or tip of a fork) to dab a small amount of red food coloring on the outside opening of the lychees.
- Put aside until ready to use in a cocktail.
- (If making a large batch) Lay finished lychees on paper lined container/tray and freeze when finished.
Leave a comment